UniLife Connect is the online one stop shop for all things employability-related at the University of South Wales.
Job vacancies, Work Placement and Volunteering opportunities
USW Careers accept vacancy adverts from employers and other organisations in good faith.We do not enter into an agency relationship with any organisation.
Employers submitting adverts are required to take responsibility to advertise details in accordance with employment legislation that may be relevant to each individual vacancy. We reserve the right to refuse publication of opportunities which do not comply.
Vacancies and information are tailored to students’ preferences in the same way as email shots; students can also carry out specific searches.
USW Careers take all reasonable steps to ensure that vacancies are advertised in accordance with anti-discrimination legislation relating to sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age. We reserve the right not to publish vacancies which are not consistent with the aims of equal opportunities legislation.
What we advertise:
- Paid graduate opportunities – appropriate for final year students due to graduate and recent graduates.
- Internships/Placements – which include summer / vacation work, industrial / year out placements. We will only advertise vacancies that incur a fee to the graduate/student if it is clearly stated in the advertised opportunity. To check on the latest Employment Rights for Interns and Placement Students, please check these guidelines. We will only advertise "voluntary worker" opportunities if the organisation satisfies the requirements of the specific exemption in the NMW regulations: ie, you are a charity, voluntary organisation, associated fundraising body or statutory body.
- Student jobs or vacation work – suitable for students, eg bar work, sales assistants. We will only advertise vacancies that incur a fee to the graduate/student if it is clearly stated in the advertised opportunity.
- Volunteering opportunities (non-profit and charity) – we will not advertise unpaid vacancies unless they are for charitable or not-for-profit organisations or are “volunteering experiences” that do not incur a fee, for example travel and work overseas.
What we don't advertise:
- Unpaid vacancies unless they are for charitable or not-for-profit organisations (as outlined above) or are “volunteering experiences” that do not incur a fee, for example travel & work overseas. To ascertain whether you wish to take on a "worker" or a "volunteer", please refer to these guidelines.
- We do not advertise internships/jobs that charge a fee for services.
- Commission only jobs - if you have a post with OTE, you must state the basic salary.
- We will also not advertise a generic vacancy/information about a recruitment agency. We will advertise specific vacancies only once you have informed USW Careers of the name of the organisation you are recruiting for.
- Jobs that are linked to the Adult/Sex industry
- All employers are required to submit a full postal address with their vacancy.
- We reserve the right to edit or withdraw vacancies.
Employer Presentations and Career Fairs
Bookings for employer presentations and career fairs will be made through UniLife Connect.
USW Careers are able to inform employers of the number of students booked to attend any bookable events; however, this is not always an accurate reflection of numbers attending on the day. We will use all steps possible to encourage attendance and offer a range of additional marketing options to employers, but we are unable to take responsibility in regards to student attendance on the day/evening of the event.
Email shots will inform students through UniLife Connect about events, services or resources which may be of interest. The system uses student preferences which they have selected in UniLife Connect to tailor email shots by department, career interests or service area interests.
Students can update their preferences at anytime. They also have the ability to opt out of receiving email shots and other communications according to data protection.
And what we ask of you:
- To make effective use of our services, you are asked to take responsibility for your own event bookings and job vacancy listings.
- To enable us to provide an effective and equitable service to all our service users within limited resources, we expect our services to be used with consideration and respect for our staff and other service users. This means attending events and appointments as booked and informing us within a reasonable period of time if you are unable to attend for any reason.
- To provide our service users with up to date, accurate information on our services, we use our website and UniLife Connect. We expect our service users to engage with our online resources and where possible use our interactive system for information on events, vacancies and making bookings.
- To ensure that our services meet your needs as an employer, we encourage feedback on what we do well and where we could do better, as well as information on any changing needs.
Privacy and Data Protection
We recognise that your personal privacy is a serious and important issue and we support the principle of protecting your privacy in all your dealings with us.
This data protection statement refers to the data held by the USW Careers on its UniLife Connect database of students, graduates, staff and employers. If you have a query regarding the data we hold please contact USW Careers
Your data is securely held in USW Careers and will be treated confidentially and appropriately in carrying out the ongoing business of the University. The data is for the use of the University of South Wales and will not be disclosed to external organisations, other than those acting as agents for the University.
Data will be used for customer service activities, monitoring and evaluation of our services, and for quality assurance and service development purposes. In reporting on our activities, no individuals will be identifiable, and all data relating to individuals will be anonymised.
Under the terms of the 1998 Data Protection Act you have the right to object to the use of your data for any of the above purposes. If this is the case please contact the individual named above.
Data held by USW Careers is also subject to the central University Data Protection Policy.
More details can be found at: http://uso.southwales.ac.uk/ig/dp/
The processing of personal data is regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998.
UniLife Connect uses internet cookies only to record the fact that you have logged in to the application (first party session cookies). By logging in to the application you are giving implied consent for the cookies to be saved by your web browser. The cookies contain no personal information and they expire when you close your browser.
The session cookies are called:
- Authentication cookie contains encrypted authentication information.
- Expires when the browser is closed
- Contains a randomly generated session ID number
- Expires when the browser is closed
- This contains the URL of the last page that you visited inside our application
- Expires when the browser is closed
For more information about Cookies please see the ico website.
Access to information
Requests for access to information held on UniLife Connect will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information is available at: http://uso.southwales.ac.uk/ig/foi/